Use an engaging visual technique to identify improvement opportunity
One of the foundations of high performing organisations, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is an engaging visual process mapping technique that provides assists teams in:
- Revealing how work and information move across an organisation,
- Creating transparency into problems and improvement opportunities,
- Providing a way to establish buy-in for teams.
The workshop explains the mapping symbols and how to use them to create value stream maps.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants are expected to;
- Use the main mapping symbols.
- Understand value stream maps and identify improvement opportunities.
- Participate in a mapping workshop.
- Create an improvement opportunity list (Kaizen list).
Pre-Requisites: An Introduction to Lean Thinking is not essential, but is highly recommended.
Detailed Workshop Agenda
Recap of key lean concepts
Overview of Value Stream Mapping
Creating the current state value stream map
- Board Layout
- Tools & Symbols
- Method and Steps
- Using a timeline and what it tells you
- identifying bottleneck processes
- Documenting improvement opportunity (Kaizen Bursts)
Creating the Future State Map
Overcoming common mapping challenges
We recommend that this workshop is delivered as part of a series including:
Synergen Group proudly delivers the Introduction to Value Stream Mapping Workshop throughout Australia including Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and New Zealand.
For more information, contact us here or call our team on 03 8288 2530.